Give downtown Napa some of your time! Most great wine towns are great overall tourism towns, and that means by definition they’re great shopping towns as well. And that definition is a perfect one for Napa, where world-class wineries and tasting rooms are close neighbors with great restaurants, fine clothing and works of art, and the kind of gifts that preserve your memory of a wonderful visit to Napa Valley wine country for a lifetime.
And the best place to begin and end a day of sampling everything Napa’s retailers have to offer is at our Napa Bed and Breakfast, where you’ll wake up in comfort after a good night’s sleep, get sent on your way with a delicious and hearty breakfast, and return to relax with — what else? — wine poolside at our outdoor patio or in the privacy of your luxuriously appointed guest room.
And better yet, we’re an easy drive to just about everything you’ll want to see in downtown Napa, so plan your visit right away and reserve your room at our Napa Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Great Places to Shop in Downtown Napa
What follows here are some of our favorites. We’ll start with a few of the more popular stops at Oxbow Public Market, a destination draw in downtown Napa. (Check first to be sure all stores on this list are open amid current COVID-19 restrictions.)
- Napa Valley Distillery. It’s not just a wonderful place to visit and sample the spirits — it’s a great place to load up on gifts and tasty take-home delights like cocktail boxes, craft spirits, bitters, garnishes and even hand sanitizer.
- Hudson Greens & Goods is an essential stop for those who like their food as fresh as possible and therefore locally sourced, supporting the farmers of the Napa Valley. Plenty of prepackaged grab-and-go goods.
- Napa Bookmine. More than ever these days, independent bookstores are endangered national treasures, so stop by this one and sort through a great collection of books and gifts.
- The Olive Press is known as the most highly awarded olive oil producer in the nation. Take home a bottle as a gift, or arrange to have some shipped home.
- Anette’s Chocolates. These award-winning confections, truffles and sauces are a must for anyone with a sweet tooth and a taste for finer things.
That’s not all! There’s more great shopping in downtown Napa. Check out a fuller list here, but here are a select few to get you in the shopping spirit:
- The Store at CIA Copia. This shop offers a selection of rare and beautiful household goods to beautify your home and kitchen.
- Villa Iris Jewelry. Napa’s best-kept secret for quality and unique jewelry design, carrying diamonds, rubies, emeralds, antiques and more.
- Tay & Grace. This boutique is a beautifully curated selection of well-made and well-designed pieces from both well-known and small designers that capture the best of the Napa Valley lifestyle.
- Loose Caboose. This full-service hobby shop offers model trains as well as plastic model kits to build cars, boats, and airplanes; rockets and rocketry supplies; Warhammer; slot cars; radio-controlled planes and much more.
- Community Products Thrift Shop. If you like unearthing unique treasures in thrift stores, sort through the wares here. Clothing for men, women and children, along with flatware, dishes, linens and collectibles and antiques.
Where to Stay When Shopping in Downtown Napa
Our Napa Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to stay when sampling all that Napa’s downtown retailers have to offer. Our luxury inn is a short distance from most downtown retailers, and the moderate weather at this time of year in the Napa Valley makes walking or bicycling a pleasant experience once there. So make shopping in downtown Napa a part of your plans for visiting Napa Valley wine country, and book your room today at our Napa Bed and Breakfast!