Fall is the time of year to think about Napa Valley romantic getaways and to wrap yourself in comfort: a warm coat on a crisp day outdoors, a blanket near a roaring fireplace, or next to that special someone as you sample someplace far from home for a rejuvenating sojourn with a sublime glass of fine wine.
And there’s nothing quite like a scenic Napa Valley romantic getaway to make you feel like you’re draped in intimate comfort, between first-class food, fine wine, fun-filled outings a few minutes away, and the feeling of being pampered in one of the luxuriously appointed guest rooms of our Napa bed and breakfast. Reserve your room today and find out what all a Napa Valley romantic getaway can be!
10 Romantic Things to Do in Napa Valley This Fall
Downtown Napa is filled with quaint boutiques, exquisite restaurants, abundant tasting rooms, and charm to spare on every corner. Whether it’s the simple pleasures of enjoying a romantic dinner together, or an inspired outdoor adventure designed to bring you closer, Napa has your wants and needs covered.
Here are 10 of our favorite romantic getaways in the historic town of Napa this fall:
- Take a hot-air balloon ride. You and your sweetheart soaring in the clouds, metaphorical and literal … what could be more romantic getaway than one that’s on the top of the world, looking down on creation? We recommend one of two hot air balloon operators Napa Valley Balloons Inc and Balloons Above The Valley.
- Enjoy an intimate, exclusive, appointment tasting atop a mountain overlooking the valley at Fontanella Family Winery.
- Bikes & Sights Scavenger Hunt. Click the link and follow the clues! This is a great way to see cool and iconic spots throughout downtown Napa. All you need to do is snap some photos and create an Instagram Story for a chance to win a $100 gift card at a Downtown restaurant of your choice! Join in the fun from October 30th until November 27th and we’ll pick a winner every week – that’s four chances to win!
- Get a Priority Wine Pass — just $40 per couple — and sample your way through many scintillating wine-tasting rooms in downtown Napa. No coupons, no apps; just one card that’s good for an entire year.
- Enjoy an intimate, secluded tasting of small-production wines at O’Brien Estate, with spectacular views of the Mayacamas and Stag’s Leap mountains.
- Take a stroll arm-in-arm or hand-in-hand and take in the bursts of fall color along the river and through the foothills at Skyline Wilderness Park.
- Few activities are more decadently intimate than taking a soak, steam, or scrub together at one of Napa’s day spas. And couples massages can be booked through us and enjoyed in the privacy of your own gueset room.
- There’s something cozy about a cave, and at Palmaz Vineyards, you and your sweetheart can book a private hors d’oeuvres and tasting tour that will take you through several levels of their cave where the wines are made.
- If the prospect of a cave tasting tour is a tempting one, then consider trying a tasting tour inside a volcanic caldera. Caldwell Vineyards offers that unique opportunity — complete with a look at one of the world’s few in-house barrel cooperages.
- Take a day trip to the Sonoma Coast. This stretch of scenic Highway 1 along the Pacific Coast is a treasure trove of spectacular beaches and bucolic parks, along with a number of fishing, boating and camping opportunities.
Our Napa Bed and Breakfast Is Your Romantic Getaway
There’s no better way to begin and end a day of romantic escapes in and around Napa than at our Napa bed-and-breakfast, a romantic getaway unto itself. With luxuriously appointed rooms, an outdoor patio, a swimming pool, and delicious breakfasts, the spirit of intimate togetherness is something we pride ourselves in cultivating for our guests.
Mention our “Bubbles Package” in the notes when making a direct booking on our website, and we’ll throw in everything you need to enjoy a bubble bath, including sparkling splits and chocolates, for free! Book your room today at our Napa bed and breakfast as your dazzling gateway to a Napa Valley romantic getaway!