A visit to the Oxbow Public Market should be at the top of list of things to do and see in Napa. It’s located in the Oxbow District of downtown Napa, and is considered to be one of the premiere gathering spaces for great food, wine, and entertainment. It’s frequented by both visitors and locals alike. Within the market, you can expect to find cooking classes and demonstrations, wine and beer tasting, fantastic shopping, and of course a farmers market. It’s also a relaxing place to take a break, and enjoy the scenic outdoor deck overlooking the Napa river. Book your stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast today, and come explore this incredible Napa gem with us.
What You’ll Find at the Oxbow Public Market
Oxbow Public market, which is celebrating it’s 10th year of being in business in downtown Napa, features 40,000 square feet of diverse merchants, including local food vendors, artisan cafes, and an organic market featuring local farms. The market and its purveyors have a shared commitment to offering organic, sustainable, and local goods. It’s open 7 days a week, often until 9:00 p.m. Inside, you’ll find an incredible range of merchants, including the following:
- Anette’s Chocolates, which has the finest artisan chocolates, brittles and sauces in Napa.
- C Casa, offering a variety of unique tacos, house-made white corn tortillas, chili-rubbed rotisserie meats, fresh salads and salsas, and interesting side
- Fieldwork Brewing Company, which offers a rotating selection of craft beers produced at its Berkeley, California brewery.
- Enjoy oysters from Hog Island Oyster Bar, which features its own Hog Island oysters and shellfish, complemented with savory seafood entrees, organic salads and small plates.
- Napa Bookmine, a fantastic book store and gift shop.
- Napa Valley Distillery produced a range of premium, small-batch craft spirits, shrubs, tonics and syrups from around the world, as well as several brands of bitters that are not available anywhere in the U.S. Their flagship product is Napa Vodka Vintage Reserve.
- Take a seat at the Wine Bar and sample artisanal cheese with a flight of selected wines, a fine draft beer, a charcuterie assortment and more at the Oxbow Cheese & Wine Merchant, before taking your favorite goodies home with you.
- The Olive Press was the very first olive mill in Sonoma, and is now known as the most highly awarded olive oil producer in the nation.
- Whole Spice is the place to go when searching for an impeccable range of whole spices, which can be custom ground and blended for you.
There’s often live music and other fun events happening at the Oxbow Public Market, which makes it a true one-of-a-kind destination in downtown Napa. It’s the perfect place to gain a deep understanding into the local culture of Napa Valley. Book your room at our Napa Bed and Breakfast, so you can visit the incredible Oxbow Public Market this summer.