Now that Labor Day Weekend has passed, we can officially, though reluctantly, say goodbye to summer, and welcome the fast-approaching fall. The annual fall grape harvest is well underway across the valley, and winemakers are in full celebration mode. This is, after all, the season where the fruits of their labor come to fruition, and when all of the the hard work pays off. Everywhere you look, whether it’s the hillsides or down in the valley, the trees are already showing hints of their colorful autumnal hues. As the crowds begin to thin, now’s a great time to plan a getaway to our romantic Inn. While you’re here, let us help you plan and arrange wine tours, so you can truly see the best of Napa. Book your room at the Candlelight Inn today.
Traditional Napa Wine Tours
There are many wonderful reasons to visit Napa, but tantamount to all of them is the wine. Great wine is one of the simplest pleasures in life, and no one does it better than Napa Valley. There are, after all, over 500 wineries, and even more tasting rooms that call this valley home. That said, the sheer number of delicious wineries and elegant tasting rooms to visit can make it a little overwhelming to plan your time in Napa. Let us help! Wine tours in Napa are diverse and always entertaining. To make your visit to Napa less stressful, we recommend you plan in at least one of these amazing wine tours:
- Our favorite wine country experience to recommend to guests is the Napa Valley Wine Train. Riding the rails through Napa Valley will surely become one of your favorite memories, as you enjoy a delicious, multi-course meal and incredible scenery aboard a beautiful vintage rail car. The 25-mile journey begins with a tasting of their private label wine from Raymond Vineyards, followed by your selections from their award-winning wine list. The Napa Valley Wine Train offers a range of different experiences, but their winery tours are exceptional.
- Napa Valley Bike Tours is a wonderful way to see Napa Valley, no driving required! Tours can be guided by a knowledgable local guide and either full or half-day, or you can create your own self-guided tour.
- Join one of the daily Platypus Wine Tours, or arrange for your own private tour, and get ready to learn everything you need to know about Napa Valley’s wine culture.
- Enjoy Napa Valley from aboard a replica of a California Street Cable Car with Napa Valley Wine Trolley tours. Each tour includes transportation, visits to three or four wineries, a catered picnic lunch, and plenty of fun.
- Beau Wine Tours & Limousine Service offers distinctive wine tours through both Napa and Sonoma. It’s a great way to discover the hidden gems of Napa Valley, and taste rare vintages you won’t find everywhere else. Their Intro to Napa Valley Tour is the best if you’ve never been wine tasting before, but they have some truly exceptional tours, including their Collector’s Tour for the serious wine connoisseur.
Unique Wine Tours
Perhaps you’ve been to Napa before, and have done the more traditional wine tours. This time, maybe you’re looking for something a little out of the ordinary? We have some great ideas! There are truly a lot of wonderful wine experiences in Napa Valley, but here is a small selection of some of the best and most unique wine tours in Napa Valley:
- Enjoy a Cave Tour & Barrel Tasting at Rutherford Hill Winery.
- Get a first-hand (or foot?) experience at Grgich Hills Estate. Grape stomping and wine tasting are available daily from 10-4, now through October 31, 2017.
- Enjoy some wine tasting and a scenic gondola ride at Sterling Vineyards.
- How about the ultimate chips and dip experience, paired with Domaine Carneros’ most treasured wines? These delicious sparkling wines are paired with three ½ ounce tastings of Tsar Nicoulai Caviar’s finest caviar.
- Be a Winemaker For a Day, and bottle your own custom blend at Raymond Vineyards.
Fall is a time for winemakers to sit back, relax, and appreciate their seasonal works of art. One of the best ways to experience the culture of Napa is taking wine tours. You’ll taste great wine along the way, and it won’t take you long to see why Napa Valley has become an enduringly popular vacation destination. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast today.