Spring is finally here, and we can hardly wait for the exciting things Napa has in store for the next few months. The Arts, in every form imaginable, have long been a central aspect of life in California’s Napa Valley. April is, by far, the most creative and inspiring month to immerse yourself in the beauty of Napa Valley. It’s time again to celebrate the Arts in April, a month long celebration of community and culture. This year marks the 7th year of this incredible event, which will no doubt be a spectacular month of artistic inspiration. Make your trip as exceptional as possible. Book a room at our romantic, top-rated Napa Bed and Breakfast.
See the Arts in April
When you step into many of Napa’s finest wineries, you’ll find more than great wine. Oftentimes, you’ll find an incredible and unique collection of cultivated artworks. Throughout Arts in April, guests to Napa Valley will enjoy 4 weeks of events designed to showcase these incredible collections. This year, Arts in April officially kicks off on March 31st with the Friday Night Gala ENGAGE Art Fair at Calistoga’s Napa County Fairgrounds. This interactive art experience includes a curated selection of San Francisco Bay Area art, craft, and design. Artists will be present throughout the event, and guests will enjoy a delicious sampling of local wine, food, and live music. Events throughout the remainder of the month include the following:
- Sarafornia in Calistoga, March 30 – April 2: Celebrate Calistoga’s Bohemian Spirit at this fun 4-day event. The featured exhibition is Flower Bomb, which highlights floral interpretations of various artistic masterpieces. Additionally, guests will enjoy public artwork throughout town, and a Storytelling Speakeasy at TANK Garage Winery. Fans of This American Life and The Moth Podcasts will love this event.
- St. Supery: The Art of Cheese, April 1: This month-long exhibit at St. Supery Estate Vineyards & Winery features works from renowned cheese artist Mike Geno, daily wine and cheese experiences, and weekend workshops. It’s an incredible opportunity for cheese and wine lovers alike.
- Arts in the Streets in St. Helena, April 15: This event is a celebration St. Helena’s multicultural diversity. The City’s Lyman Park will be teeming with community-focused and interactive art. Highlights include Nimbus Arts, poetry from the Napa Valley Writer’s Conference, culinary treats from the Napa Valley Cooking School, and local bands.
- Art, Sip, & Stroll in Yountville, April 22: Yountville’s Washington Street will transform to host the works of over 40 local and regional artists. For $20, participants will receive a tasting wristband and glass to enjoy tastings from 10 wine stops along the way.
- FLOW, Arts at the River in Napa, April 30: This culminating event of the Arts in April will bring together music and performing and visual arts for one fantastic event. Enjoy exploring Napa’s new Rail Arts District (RAD), while you watch artist Cinta Vidal work on her public art mural. Afterwards, enjoy the variety of food and music throughout downtown Napa, and gain a small glimpse into the creative culture that is Napa.
Select wineries to visit throughout the Arts in April celebration include the following:
- Robert Mondavi Winery Tours, April 3 – 26: Enjoy a special tour of the winery’s extensive collection of Beniamino Bufano sculptures. The Winery’s famous Vineyard Room also plays host to a special rotating exhibit by artist James Jarrett. A complimentary wine tasting is included.
- Markham Vineyards, April 8 -9: Markham Winery Resident Artist’s, Peggy Francis and Harold Francis, will be showcasing selections of their works during the Arts in April celebration.
- Crusher Wine District, April 29: Several tasting rooms in the Crusher Wine District will host regional artists through the month. They will also host an artist reception on Saturday, April 29.
- Etude Wines, April 30: Etude Wines will showcase a selection works from four local Napa artists. These artists have been carefully selected by Etude’s local artist/employee, Jeanne Dillon. It’s the perfect chance to talk with these artists, as you sip on Etude’s award-winning Pinot Noirs and Cabernets.
Afterwards, retreat to the tranquil ambiance of our Bed and Breakfast, where you’ll enjoy rest and wake up refreshed for another exciting day in Napa. Book your stay at our Romantic Bed and Breakfast today, and experience the best of Napa’s art scene in April.