Here we are, at the start of another new year; a time when many of us take stock of our lives, and see a year of promise and hope stretching out before us. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear Napa Valley calling your name, urging you to plan a romantic escape to California’s extraordinary wine country. Whether you’ve come here every year for decades, or whether you’ve yet to make the trip, make this the year you discover the fascinating secrets of downtown Napa. Wine tasting is a given, and gourmet food is a must when you’re in Napa. Beyond that, let us show you how the make the most out of your getaway. Book your stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast, conveniently located just outside of downtown Napa.
Explore Downtown Napa
There are many charming towns and destinations throughout the Napa Valley, but none more inviting than downtown Napa itself. Aside from it’s scenic location along the Napa River, one of our favorite parts about downtown Napa is its walkability. Once you’re in town you can forget about the car, and simply enjoy the streets as they unfold in front of you. You may want to consider getting a wine tasting card for the duration of your stay. Here are some of our favorite places to visit in downtown Napa:
- You can’t miss the smell of BBQ coming from Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin’ BBQ. Everything here is made from scratch, and you’ll have over 40 wines by the glass to choose from.
- As it’s name suggest, the Carpe Diem Wine Bar is the perfect place to unwind. Gourmet eats include an ostrich burger, truffle fries, and a homemade Twix bar for dessert.
- Enjoy the small but inviting Trahan Tasting room in downtown Napa. It’s even dog friendly!
- Vintner’s Collective is an exceptional tasting room that specializes in small-production specialty wines. This tasting room, the first to open in downtown Napa, also happens to be located in the oldest stone building in the city.
- Catch a show at the Uptown Theater Napa, which began as a began as a vaudeville theater in the 1930s.
- Browse the gourmet selections at Oxbow Public Market. It’s fun to browse, but it’s also a great place to pickup treats for an afternoon picnic.
- Enjoy an evening at the Cadet Wine and Beer Bar, a popular night spot for locals.
- Enjoy Happy Hour and $5 Ciccheti at Ca’ Momi Osteria & Enoteca.
- Grab a well-crafted cocktail at the end of your day at Henry’s Cocktail Lounge.
- Stop in and browse the curated selection of cigars and other men’s lifestyle goods at Sidestreet.
- Visit the Napa General Store.
- Discover the finely crafted spirits at the Napa Valley Distillery.
- Browse the shelves at Napa Bookmine.
- Enjoy the Napa ARTwalk as you meander through town, or stop in to view the latest selection of works at Art Gallery Napa Valley.
- Dine at one of Napa’s exceptional restaurants, like La Taberna, Celadon, Gott’s Roadside, or Oenotri.
If you need yet another reason to book your getaway to Napa now, Napa’s Restaurant Week kicks off on January 22nd. During Restaurant Week, guests have the chance to sample from a variety of restaurants. You can try everything from farm-to-table meals to special prix-fixe menus at unbelievable prices. It’s one of our favorite times to be in Napa. Book your room at our romantic Inn, and experience Napa with us today.